What is a Maker?
A maker is a young person who dreams and develops the courage to act on their dreams to bring them to reality.
A Maker * Is a dreamer * Is a life-long learner * Persists until the goal is accomplished * Collaborates with others * Has integrity * Is courageous *
Impact Hub Zimbabwe
• To develop well grounded (character), well rounded (exposure) fearless innovators.
• Integrity - Wholeness of character toward themselves and others.
• Innovation - Creative thinking applied to everyday situations.
• Collaboration – Working jointly towards a common goal for mutual benefit.
• Entrepreneurial Thinking – Taking ownership and responsibility for your future.
Our Teaching Approach
The main objective of our programs is to inspire and empower young people to be creators and not just consumers of technology. Our programs are holistic and seek not just to equip young people with knowledge but also the mindsets to be leaders and inventors. While technology is an important part of our program, it isn’t the only factor. The most important things are the environment we are fostering, the values we are encouraging and the change in the young person’s outlook on their abilities. We seek to create an environment that helps young people innovate and create, and empowers them to lead and change their world.
Our programs are age appropriate and interest driven.
Our approach is to inspire and empower young people to think, design, experiment and create.
Our philosophy is to honor young people’s own creativity and encourage them to trust their abilities.
We believe that young people who have confidence in their abilities can learn and achieve anything!